7 Day Detox Support
The RULES are simple:
- All green vegetables – prepared anyway you’d like
- Herbs, spices, oils all fine
- Coconut milk is the only allowed alternative to cow dairy – canned or carton
- Lean meats: chicken, turkey, fish
- PLUS 2-3 shakes per day: 2 scoops per shake in as much water as you’d like. Start slow if it’s too much at first. The shakes taste the best with ICE COLD water. This shake may only last 5-6 days. Once you’re done the tub, you’re done. That’s 100% fine.
You are now more than half way through and you are KILLING IT!!
Congratulations on sticking to this program as long as you have.
This may be the first time you’ve put yourself first for this long and been successful at it. You should really be so PROUD of yourself for making it this far! The best part is, you’ve just survived the worst of it! It’s all smooth sailing from here!
By now, the diet should be getting a little easier. The greens are probably getting boring, but at least the repetition is making planning less of a chore. I imagine the taste of the shakes are becoming less ideal but they are the MOST important aspect of this entire program.
You may be DONE your powder by this point and that is 100% fine! The tubs typically last 5-6 days @ 6 scoops per day
- Sleep is easier, deeper and more restful
- Your energy levels are starting to rise
- Mood is lifting and you’re starting to feel more like yourself again
- Bloating feeling is going away and clothing is fitting more comfortably
- Headaches are all gone
WHAT DO I DO NOW THAT THE POWDER IS DONE??
So let’s go over the Re-Introduction Phase.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Food Journal
- Follow up visit with our team within the next 5-10 days
Once your powder is DONE, you’re essentially done the detox and can start bringing food back in, ONE food group at a time (in no particular order). While you’re re-introducing one food group at a time, you can still continue to eat EVERYTHING you ate during the detox.
Some patients really like to stay on the powder, even 1 shake per day. Contact us to put another tub aside for you!
Get your food journal out and mark on the calendar which food you’re going to introduce.
This could be a SINGLE food (yogurt vs cheese vs milk) OR a food group (wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts). It all depends on how specific and sensitive you think your body is at this point.
Here’s an example:
Day 1 – Eat all of the green veggies + lean meats + ADD IN wheat challenges (toast, cereal, crackers, pasta) but do not MIX with anything else
Day 2 – Eat all of the green veggies + lean meats + ADD IN dairy, but do not continue to eat wheat today.
Day 3 – Eat all of the green veggies + lean meats + ADD IN eggs, but do not continue to eat wheat/dairy today.
Day 4 – Eat all of the green veggies + lean meats + ADD IN nuts, but do not continue to eat wheat/dairy/eggs today See how your body responds to each new food group each day.
In your food journal: Document all of the noticeable reactions you have over the next 48-72 hours
Possible reaction symptoms include:
- Mood change (low energy or irritability)
- Burping or flatulence
- Bowel irregularities
- Weight gain (up to 3lbs overnight)
- Bloating or swelling of the face or joints
If there are any negative reaction to a food, keep it OUT of the diet for now.
HERE’s A SAMPLE CLEAN EATING MEAL PLAN YOU CAN USE TO HELP YOU TRANSITION BEFORE YOUR FOLLOW UP VISIT