- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ lbs ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth (gluten free)
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar for serving (optional)
Put a swirl of olive oil in a dutch oven and brown turkey until cooked. Remove and set aside.
Brown onion and garlic in another tsp of olive oil until done.
Add turkey back to pot with onions and add spices. Stir and cook for one minute.
Add tomatoes and juices, chicken stock, beans and sweet potatoes.
Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
Salt and pepper to taste. Top with cheese and serve hot.
See all Recipes